Saturday, July 17, 2010

IAAP- EFAM - Arrival at Convention


Welcome to Boston!

Well, I can tell you a few things about arriving here for the IAAP meeting.  Logan was definitely ready for 1400 admins.. Sheraton.. not so much.  Registration lines out the door.  Made me very grateful I flew in early this morning.

But as always --the best part about attending EFAM is the networking- I met two folks from the Buffalo, NY chapter on the shuttle to the hotel, and as a bonus I also got to run into a bunch of my pals from the DE-MD-DC Division that I don't see very often.  I also met up with Bianca Constance, former NY Division President-  a fascinating lady that was invited (through her IAAP membership) to present to admins in South Africa this past Spring.  Just goes to show, you never know where your IAAP membership will take you.

Got registered for the Convention and obtained my delegate documents.  Tomorrow is an early morning.. 8am for delegates briefing.  You better believe I'll be at Dunkin' Donuts by 7:30 because the lines will be long.

Tomorrow is the true "Opening Day" of EFAM in terms of the business session.  It is a fascinating adventure!...   but one more event before turning in this evening.  The informal meeting of the social media/blogger/discussion board -types like yours truly.  I promised myself I'll be back to the hotel by 10 and asleep.. at least that's my goal!

More tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment