Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It's all about learning! Building on a great start.

Good evening, chapter members and friends.

One of the most important reasons for joining IAAP is that it provides an environment that is all about learning and learning along with our peers.

Old Town Alexandria Chapter has held two events and our next one is coming up.  So, what did I learn at our event last evening?  Well, one important thing that became obvious is that the chapter is going to need to set up some options for lunch time meetings.  How this is going to be implemented, I'm not sure yet.  But, I hear what some members have said and I can relate to the many obligations we all face when we walk out of our offices at the end of the day.   That being said, ideally we hope to evolve to being able to host day and evening programs for our membership as well as rotating the day of the week they are offered to offer the maximum options for participation for all our members.

I have a lot more to say (there's a big surprise!) but I promised my daughter time on our computer to get her homework done.   So, until Saturday.. this will have to hold!  

Special thanks again to Bittersweet Catering for the delicious food from last evening.  I had a leftover piece of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for breakfast this morning. :0

- Respectfully,

Kemetia MK Foley, CPS/CAP
President

No comments:

Post a Comment